Dr. Gongming Qian is the Tenured Full Professor of the Southern University of Science and Technology and the former head of the Department of Management of the Chinese University of Hong Kong. He obtained his Ph.D degree in economic management from the School of Management of Lancaster University in the United Kingdom. He serves for many international and domestic academic organizations including the editorial board of the highest international academic journals and academic advisors for domestic academic journals; co-chairman of the highest international academic conferences; and academic review experts from mainland China Hong Kong Macao Taiwan and Europe and the United States. He was invited to give conference reports and keynote speeches in more than 30 countries and regions. His research field is broad and deep and his research achievements are outstanding. He has published nearly 50 academic worksincluding on "Journal of International Business Studies" (Journal of International Business Studies) "Strategic Management Journal" (Strategic Management Journal) "Journal of Business Innovation" (Journal of Business Venturing) "Journal of Management Studies" (Journal of Management Studies) and "Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice" (Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice) and more than 20 kinds of international mainstream (core) academic journals and received very high citation rate. He is widely known and influential in the international academic community.
In the past two years Professor Gongming Qian has achieved excellent results in the research on the “Belt and Road” of China's national development strategy. The paper "The Belt and Road Initiative Cultural Friction and Ethnicity : Their Effects on the Export Performance of SMEs in China" published in the authoritative international journal "Journal of World Business" is the first article in mainstream international journals. At the same time the special issue of the international authoritative academic journals co-edited by it such as the special issue of the sister journal "Journal of International Business Policy" of the International Business Research Journal has the theme of "Belt and Road Initiative: How Policy Changes Affect Global Competition and Cooperation for Multinational Enterprises in the New International Business Environment" is also the first special issue in the mainstream international journals .
Professor Gongming Qian taught undergraduates masters and doctoral students the introduction of international business multinational company management strategic management and business policy international financial management multinational banking and management research methodology and other related main courses. At the same time he also teaches related courses to MBA and EMBA classes in Taiwan and the Mainland and is generally well received.
- International business international strategy entrepreneurship and innovation
- PhD in Economics and Management Lancaster University School of Management
- Master of International Trade Xiamen University
- Bachelor of Foreign Languages Xiamen University
- Ahlstrom D. Arregle J-L. Hitt M.A. Qian G. Ma X. & Faems D. 2020. Managing technological sociopolitical and institutional change in the New Normal. Journal of Management Studies57(3):411-437.
- Li J.T. Liu B. & Qian G. 2019. The Belt and Road Initiative cultural friction and ethnicity: Their effects on the export performance of SMEs in China. Journal of World Business 54(4): 350-359.
- Mudambi R. Li L. Ma X. Makino S. Qian G. & Boschma R. 2018. Zoom in zoom out: Geographic scale and multinational activity. Journal of International Business Studies 49(8): 929-941.
- Qian G. Li L. & Qian Z. 2018. Interactions among factors driving and inhibiting the early internationalization of small young technology enterprises. Management International Review 58(2): 251-280.
- Boehe D.M. Qian G. & Peng M.W. 2016. Export intensity scope and destinations: Evidence from Brazil. Industrial Marketing Management 57: 127-138.
- Li L. Qian G. & Qian Z. 2015. Why do small ‘born globals’ internationalize faster than small non-‘born globals’? Global Strategic Journal 5(4): 303-320.
- Li L. Qian G. & Qian Z. 2015. Should small young technology-based firms internalize transactions in their internationalization. Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice 39(4): 839-862.
- Li L. Qian G. & Qian Z. 2014. Inconsistencies international product strategies and their performance. Journal of International Marketing 22(3): 94-113.
- Qian G. Li L. & Rugman A. 2013. Liability of country foreignness and liability of regional foreignness on geographical diversification and firm performance. Journal of International Business Studies 44(6): 635-647.
- Qian G. Khoury T. Peng M. & Qian Z. 2010. The performance implications of intra- and inter-regional geographic diversification. Strategic Management Journal 31(9): 1018-1030.
- Qian G. Li L. Li. J. & Qian Z. 2008. Regional diversification and firm performance. Journal of International Business Studies 39(2): 197-214.
- Li J. Lam K. Qian G. & Fang Y. 2006. The effects of Institutional ownership on corporate governance and performance: An empirical assessment in Hong Kong. Management International Review 46(3): 259-276.
- Lee K.H. Qian G. Yu J. & Ho Y. 2005. Trading favors for marketing advantage: Evidence from Hong Kong China and the United States. Journal of International Marketing 13(1): 1-35.
- Qian G. & Li L. 2003. Profitability of small- and medium-sized enterprises in high-tech industries: The case of the biotechnology industry. Strategic Management Journal 24(9): 881-887.
- Qian G. 2002. Multinationality product diversification and profitability of emerging U.S. small and medium sized enterprises. Journal of Business Venturing 17: 611-633.
- 16. Li J. Lam K. & Qian. G. 2001. Does culture affect behavior and performance of firms: The case of joint venture in China. Journal of International Business Studies 32(1): 115-131.
- Li J. Qian G. Lam K. & Wang D. 2000. Breaking into China: Strategic considerations for multinational corporations. Long Range Planning 33(5): 675-689.
- Qian G. & Li J. 1998. Multinationlity global market diversification and risk performance for the largest U.S. firms. Journal of International Management 4(2): 149-170.
- Qian G. 1997. Assessing product-market diversification of U.S. firms. Management International Review 37(2): 127-149.
- Qian G. 1996. The effect of multinationlity measures upon the risk-return performance of US firms. International Business Review 5(3): 247-265.