Yuan Wang joined the department of Finance at SUSTech as a tenured associate professor in Sept. 2019. Before that he was a tenured associate professor at John Molson School of Business at Concordia University. He completed his PhD at Pennsylvania State University in August 2012. His research covers the fields of Finance Information Sytstems and Aritificial Intelligence. His research has been published at Management Science Journal of Banking and Finance Decision Support Systems Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence etc.
Empirical asset pricing credit risk liquidity stock returns and aritificial intelligence.
Corporate Finance Writing and Communication in English for Finance
- Debt Covenants and Cross-Sectional Equity Returns? with Jean Helwege and Jingzhi Huang. Management Science Vol. 63 No. 6 June 2017 pp. 1835-1854
- How do corporate governance decisions affect bond holders? with Hong Li. Quarterly Journal of Finance September 2016. Vol. 06. No. 03
- Separating credit risk and liquidity. with Jean Helwege and Jingzhi Huang. Creditflux Magazine March 2015 pp. 16-17.
- Sentiment and Corporate Bond Valuations Before and After the Onset of the Credit Crisis with Jingzhi Huang and Marco Rossi. Journal of Fixed Income Vol. 25 2015 pp. 34-57
- Liquidity effects in corporate bond spreads with Jean Helwege and Jingzhi Huang. Journal of Banking and Finance Vol. 45 2014 pp. 105-116
- Credit Default Swap Auctions and Price Discovery with Jean Helwege Samuel Maurer and Asani Sarkar. Journal of Fixed Income Vol. 19 No.2 2010 pp. 34-42
- Enhancing Border Security: Mutual Information Analysis to Identify Suspect Vehicles with Siddharth Kaza and Hsinchun Chen. Decision Support Systems Vol. 43 No.1 2007 pp. 199-210
- Non-negative Matrix Factorization Framework for Face Recognition with Yunde Jia Changbo Hu and Matthew Turk. International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence Vol. 19 No.4 2005 pp. 495-511
- Face Recognition Based on Kernel Radial Function Networks with Yunde Jia Changbo Hu and Matthew Turk. Published in the Proceeding of Asia Conference on Computer Vision 2004
- Fisher Non-Negative Matrix Factorization for Learning Local Features with Yunde Jia Changbo Hu and Matthew Turk. Special issue paper in the Proceeding of Asia Conference on Computer Vision 2004.
- SUSTech research fund1million RMB. (2019)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) $88750 （2017）
- Petro-Canada Young Innovators Award $10000 (Concordia University 2015)
- Fonds de recherche sur la société et la culture (FRQSC) $36810 (Quebec Government 2014)
- Faculty Research Development Program (FRDP) $15000 (Concordia University 2012)