Dr. Gu graduated with a Bachelor degree in Science from University of Science and technology of China and a PhD degree in Finance from University of Illinois at Urban-Champaign. She was an Assistant Professor in Finance at the University of Hong Kong. Her research interests include asset pricing return predictability innovation corporate finance corporate sustainability and gender discrimination. She has published a number of articles in top academic journals including the Journal of Financial Economics Review of Financial Studies Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis Review of Finance. She also published articles in leading engineering journals such as Journal of Power Sources and Journal of Fuel Cell Science and Technology.
Her solo-authored publication "Product Market Competition R&D Investment and Stock Returns" was awarded the Trefftzs Award for the best student paper the SAC Capital for the PhD Candidate Award for Outstanding Research at Western Finance Association meetings (WFA) and the Research Output Prize by HKU. She also serves in the editorial board of Review of Financial Economics.
1. Corporate Governance and Equity Prices: Does Transparency Matter? with D. Hackbarth Review of Finance 17 Issue 6 pp. 1989--2033 2013.
2. Product Market Competition R&D Investment and Stock Returns Journal of Financial Economics Volume 119 Issue 2 pp.441--455 2016.
3. Inflexibility and Stock Returns with D. Hackbarth and T. Johnson Review of Financial Studies Volume 31 Issue 1 pp. 278--321 2018.
4. Stock Liquidity and Corporate Diversification: Evidence from China's Split Share Structure Reform with Y. Wang W. Yao and Y. Zhang Journal of Empirical Finance 2018.
5. How Does Human Capital Matter: Evidence from Venture Capital with R. Huang Y. Mao and X. Tian. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 2020.
Requirements：1. PhD degree in Finance; 2. can use SAS STATA Python MATLAB/R quite well; 3. Good English writing and communication skill; 4. Knows NLP or ML Algos
Annual salary: about 50k USD; Duration: 2 years
Requirements：1. MS or BS degree; 2. can use SAS STATA Python MATLAB/R quite well; 3. Knows NLP or ML algos
Monthly salary: 8000 RMB
Please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org with email title “Postdoc_name” or “RA_name”